Friday, March 6, 2009

Sentosa Calling

Singapore is full of tourist attractions. The one which caught my attention is Sentosa Island. What's interesting about the place are not only its artificial beaches but the Flying Train. I've never travelled in a sky train before! So this was something I really wanted to check out.

Sentosa has many attractive places to visit like the Tiger Sky Tower, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon, Songs of the Sea, Sentosa 4D Magix and Sentosa CineBlast. These are the few I know of.

The best way to reach the island is by train. So we went to VIVO city, 3rd level and took the Sentosa express from there. The ticket, including the entrance to the beach, cost only 3 S$. The train that arrived was purple in color and had a party picture on it. I want, specifically, to mention; here in Singapore, they paint everything very colorful. (From buildings to the trains. You name it, it's coloured. The first time I ever saw 3 coloured buildings {red, green, yellow} was near Rochor Center). It was just 7 min ride to the beach. Sentosa has 3 beaches, Palawan Beach, Siloso Beach, and Tanjong Beach. These beaches are artificial, made using sand brought from Indonesia and Malaysia. We visited the first 2 beaches.

Once we got off the train, we had different transportation options to look around the Island. We could take a bus, mini bus or bike it. We decided to take the bicycle. I have to mention, I rode a bicycle after 5 years. Initially, I was scared to get onto it, but after a few seconds I felt like I'd been riding all these years. We rode the bike around the beach. It was very hard to ride the bike in a few places where it was really steep and windy. But on the whole we had great fun riding the cycles. After 2 hours, we returned the cycles and went to play in the water. We played a few games in the water, took lots of funny pictures and saw the beautiful sunset from the beach. It looked amazing. You can check out the pictures in my Flickr account.

Around 7 in the evening, we went to check out the Songs of the Sea. It is a laser light show and a play. It was mind blowing. The lights were so fantastic. It went on for about 20 min and cost us 8 S$ but was totally worth it. We didn’t have time to browse the other stuff at Sentosa. And plus we were so tired after riding the bike and playing in the water. So we decided to leave by the next train. The whole trip was wonderful. I told my friends,we had to come back to see the dolphin show and tiger towers.

No comments: